Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Transformation spell ?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am by AzazelStrix

» Does anyone knows any spell that can change height or help growing
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:27 am by 6Earz

» Does anyone knows any spell that can change height or help growing
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:26 am by 6Earz

» dark-spells/weightloss spells/instant?
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 am by Sadhna Sharma*

» Curse I can use on someone?
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 am by darkdiela5

» Love/Obsession Spells That Work Quickly?
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:46 am by AzazelStrix

» The Cursed Egg spell
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:20 am by darkdiela5

» Vampire ritual
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 am by darkdiela5

» Questions and Requests
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:48 am by Obezeal

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

The Evolving vampire culture.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
unity1n2

PostSubject: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm

We currently live in a pop culture world that seems obsessed with vampires. From gothic vampire novels, to endless movies, television and art, the vampire archetype continues to grow in popularity and sophistication. Centuries ago, vampires were considered to be evil creatures taking the life from other living beings. How did vampires become glamorous? I'm sure everyone has heard of, Twilight, True blood, and the Vampire Diaries. But where did this trend really start to root itself into pop culture?
The new vampire is fantastically seductive and is almost omnipotent in his knowledge and power over humans. Some vampire movies don't even give vampires fangs, and they also take away the dangers of the sun, making them seem even more like normal humans. Vampires really got stuck with this reputation when the 1931, Dracula film, was released into a broad crowd. Bela Lugosi had the staring role of, Dracula, and portrayed his character as a suave seducer. This began to shape the vampire culture and slowly it turned into-Interview with a Vampire, to-Twilight. The fact of the matter is vampire culture in the public eye is always evolving it's overall appearance. But to put in a positive...maybe it's better that way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks to mass media glorifying vampyrs worldwide, at least now real vampyrs can expose themselves publicly, and people would just think it's some random cosplay publicity stunt. Wink

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theync.com
unity1n2

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm

I totally agree! Take us back a couple centuries and it would be a totally different story! But now, you'd be a god to some people. And again, there is a lot of positive in the pop culture movement. I'm sure vampires can move around publicly with ease now without any discrimination thrown towards them. (givin the place they are at.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 pm

unity1n2 wrote:
(givin the place they are at.)

Key words.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theync.com
Whitedemon

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:07 pm

a few weeks ago i was thinking about this.how vampires suddenly came back from theyre graves into the movies? thats very odd and im sure something is behind it.
in other way hollywood dishonored vampires with movies like twilight, i mean c,mon.vampires sparkle? vampires have lost theyre true meaning! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unity1n2

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Wherever I go people want to be vampires and they're definitions are totally off of what they believe to be a vampire. Thats the damage it is doing. But i believe it's good for the rest of us who see past hollywoods blinds and look at the truth right in it's cold dark face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkdiela5

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 pm

thanks to that movies, cultures, myths and folklores and so called scientific reasons, lots of arguments arises when peoples discuss about vampirism, causing lots of contradictions and thus making most people to beliefs it just a total myth.

in contrary, we all should feel grateful for arrived in the right place(this website) to learn the truth that no other place have ever giving to us before, and instead bringing up arguments, we shall learn to separate truths from the myths while walking in this path together. Very Happy

unity1n2

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm

darkdiela5 wrote:
thanks to that movies, cultures, myths and folklores and so called scientific reasons, lots of arguments arises when peoples discuss about vampirism, causing lots of contradictions and thus making most people to beliefs it just a total myth.

in contrary, we all should feel grateful for arrived in the right place(this website) to learn the truth that no other place have ever giving to us before, and instead bringing up arguments, we shall learn to separate truths from the myths while walking in this path together. Very Happy

I couldn't agree more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightshade

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Well on the subjects of movies I find the twilight vampires to be a disgust. Though the books I did read, I thought when the author said 'they sparkled' I thought the eyes till i saw the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gothicsilence.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Evolving vampire culture.   

Back to top Go down

The Evolving vampire culture.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1