Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nosferatu Pact as it is, with detailed explanation after
Yesterday at 4:52 pm by Sebastian

» Transformation spell ?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am by AzazelStrix

» Does anyone knows any spell that can change height or help growing
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:27 am by 6Earz

» Does anyone knows any spell that can change height or help growing
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:26 am by 6Earz

» dark-spells/weightloss spells/instant?
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 am by Sadhna Sharma*

» Curse I can use on someone?
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 am by darkdiela5

» Love/Obsession Spells That Work Quickly?
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:46 am by AzazelStrix

» The Cursed Egg spell
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:20 am by darkdiela5

» Vampire ritual
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 am by darkdiela5

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

What is the diet of vampires?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostWhat is the diet of vampires?

Okay so I generally know that vampires can only consume and digest blood. But what if a vampire wanted to eat a cookie? Please don't laugh so hard. I mean for real cause that must suck << looks it's a pun, to always have to drink blood which tastes like pennies all the time.
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» Blood sucking vampires
» Recurring Dream interpretation needed, involves werewolves, skeletons, and vampires?
» A cow's diet
» Don't wanna do diet mentality forever
» Is it safe to do Optifast as a diet in general?
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

What is the diet of vampires? :: Comments

Re: What is the diet of vampires?
Post on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am  darkdiela5
they consume only blood and nothing else, because even a bite of any human food will make them sick or poisoned. no, you can't have or try the food. in addition, I believes this is being explained in many posts, example like

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

further notices, you can ask more than one questions in one post, and do take time and read the previous posts of vampire in general and Q and A sections to avoid repeated questions.
hmm..
Post on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:38 am  Guest
that must really suck cause blood isn't that very tasty. it has a copper taste to it
I wonder if the smell of fresh baked cookies makes vampires sick?
Venator wrote:
that must really suck cause blood isn't that very tasty. it has a copper taste to it
I wonder if the smell of fresh baked cookies makes vampires sick?

I heard that the taste of blood will change when you change. Razz
Post on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 pm  Blasphemous
Venator wrote:
that must really suck cause blood isn't that very tasty

I've once read that blood will taste slightly different depending on its source (eg. human, healthy/diseased animal, etc.), but it supposedly will taste sweet and be very tempting for a vampyr. Cool
Post on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 am  Guest
yes I suppose so but a sense of taste is more a genetic issue if we're talking about vampires as a species
Post on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 am  Guest
how does a vampire get calcium and vitamin D in their diet? that's what bones and teeth are made out of . I mean blood is just red and white cells , plasma and the minerals potassium, iron, selenium, and sodium . so unless a vampires bones and teeth are made out of iron which would cause a ruckus when walking through a metal detector they would have to consume something else than just blood or their bones ... actually their bones wouldn't even be able to support or give shape to their bodies.
Post on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am  Sebastian
Venator wrote:
how does a vampire get calcium and vitamin D in their diet? that's what bones and teeth are made out of . I mean blood is just red and white cells , plasma and the minerals potassium, iron, selenium, and sodium . so unless a vampires bones and teeth are made out of iron which would cause a ruckus when walking through a metal detector they would have to consume something else than just blood or their bones ... actually their bones wouldn't even be able to support or give shape to their bodies.

dig a little more about blood and calcium storage and you will know, for a brief summary read the entry below

Calcium is transported through the bloodstream as dissolved ions or bound to proteins such as serum albumin. Parathyroid hormone secreted by the parathyroid gland regulates the resorption of Ca2+ from bone, reabsorption in the kidney back into circulation, and increases in the activation of vitamin D3 to Calcitriol. Calcitriol, the active form of vitamin D3, promotes absorption of calcium from the intestines and the mobilization of calcium ions from bone matrix.

In humans, the total body content of calcium is present mostly in the form of bone mineral (roughly 99%). In this state, it is largely unavailable for exchange/bioavailability. The way to overcome this is through the process of bone resorption, in which calcium is liberated into the bloodstream through the action of bone osteoclasts. The remainder of calcium is present within the extracellular and intracellular fluids.

and for vitamin D, Vitamin D is carried in the bloodstream to the liver, where it is converted into the prohormone calcidiol

sunlight only helps our body to synthesize more vitamin D, but at the end it is stored in the blood itself. blood is the living fluid which helps in the transmission of one element in the body from a place to another, so i am sure blood doesn't miss any of the element that you asked, so do a little more research.
Post on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:37 pm  naynay
Wow remind me to never contradict Sebastian. Does All of that intelligence come from the change or age (LIFE EXPERIENCE).????
Post on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 am  Blasphemous
naynay wrote:
Wow remind me to never contradict Sebastian. Does All of that intelligence come from the change or age (LIFE EXPERIENCE).????

Age, always.
Post on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm  unity1n2
I've heard a vampire is able to safely digest more than 600% of the daily recommended amount of iron. Correct me if i'm wrong but this is just something i've come across.
Post on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm  Tanisha22
A vampire is an immortal being. It does not have a 'daily recommended dose' of anything. But in comparison to what is recommended for a human, yes. I would assume so, as long as it is in the form of blood.
Post on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 pm  Guest
with all that iron in their diet vampires must hate going to magnet stores lol
Re:
Post on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 am  Sebastian
Venator wrote:
with all that iron in their diet vampires must hate going to magnet stores lol

you can digest something doesn't mean you gonna eat that thing all the time even when it isn't really required for survival, and you jackass, the amount of iron in blood is in minute quantities and when it spreads in our body its weight by volume density decrees to a very negligible value, so if you gonna pull a magnet near them it would show any effect. so take your magnet and stfu
Post on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm  Guest
ha
Post   Sponsored content

What is the diet of vampires?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wamphry Shadows :: Q & A About Vampires-
Jump to: