Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» most effective and easy yet most dangerous!
Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:05 am by Miss Lia

» MY TESTIMONY ON HOW I BECAME A VAMPIRE
Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:34 am by vampryshadows

» i want to become a vampire
Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:13 am by Godlike

» werewolf bloodline
Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:51 pm by Godlike

» Problems with Astral
Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am by forderm

» becoming a vampire
Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:17 am by Sebastian

» Vampire /ready
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:22 pm by KristenTandie

» is this a spell of any known kind?
Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:56 pm by vampire8808

» Vampire Powers?
Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:36 pm by Carpe Noctem

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene551
Share | 

origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darkdiela5

PostSubject: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:48 pm

There are many tales, myths or legends that tell us about the origin of vampires. One of the most common one or believed by most vampires, is about a moonlight goddess, Selene. In brief, the vampire origin initiated through the tragic love between Selene( the priest of Apollo’s temple) and Ambrogio, a brave adventure whose fate brought him to Greece. He meet Selene for the first time while walking around in the town and from the fated encounter, they begin to become closer, meet almost every morning before Selene went into the Temple and after some time, they finally fall in love.

However, Ambrogio plans on marrying Selene and spent his life with her in Italy shattered when he had been cursed by Apollo, the god of sun who enraged with Ambrogio’s attention to steal one of his maiden. In the next day after the curse, Ambrogio cannot go into the sunlight anymore because it will burn his skin.

Being distraught, and having certain circumstances while trying to remove the curse, Ambrogio finally find a way for him and Selene to live together. He made a deal with Artemis, the sister of Apollo. He had to accept her offer to be trained as a great hunter, with strength and speed as god, also with sharp fangs to drain blood of the beast. This also gives him immortality as well, and thus, Ambrogio will remain young for eternity.

After dedicated to Artemis and finally able to convince her for help, he manage to live with Selene at last, but this comes with great prices. He and Selene becomes the Artemis worshipper as promised, which means, they are forbidden to have any intimate/sexual relationship. No kissing, no touching, hugging and thus, they could never had children. This is one of the rules for Artemis worshipper to keep their virginity for the rest of their life. However, despite of this obstacle, both Selene and Ambrogio still lived happily with each other presence in a cave somewhere at Ephesus.

When times passes, Selene grow old and old since she is a mortal human, and one day, she fell ill and close to her deathbed. Ambrogio felt extremely sad since he could never be with Selene in afterlife, begging Artemis to made her immortal as well but it seems too late, and the only way for Ambrogio to stay forever with Selene is to drink her blood.

By having his and Selene’s blood mixed, he could keep her existence inside his body and soul forever. However, Selene mortal body could never been saved. so, Ambrogio refused to do this at first, since it will hurt Selene, but finally agreed to proceed when Selene begged him, and wished for him to grant the new life to their ‘children’, the fortunate humans who will receive the ‘blessing’ from Ambrogio, and becoming vampires like him.

Selene died but her body and soul said to been raised and absorbed into moon, and thus, she become a moonlight goddess, every night when the moonlight shines, the followers of Selene, the 'children' of her and Ambrogio believed that they had been watched and blessed by their ‘mother’, Selene.

source :
http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/vampire-origin.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
immortal vampire

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:45 pm

i remember there being a spell or summoning poem i dont know if it works or not but its in latin and they say from the vampire bible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightshade

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

I've been to that site before and they have a good point in itself but that spell/poem doesn't work I have tried it myself over 15 times, and I never seen anything, I even meditated before doing it. But it is a good site to get info and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gothicsilence.deviantart.com
immortal vampire

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:44 pm

i once heard becoming pagan can help increase the spell working also by doing it on a full moon you could also try the ashes to ashes spell its a simple spell dont know if its effects are permenant. or if it truly works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightshade

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:12 pm

I don't truly like that one either saw it once on spellsofmagic.com I truly hate that site 99% of the spells don't work and they have white magic spells in the dark magic spells section and vise versa.
Back to top Go down
immortal vampire

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 pm

i dont like spellsofmagic either they will let anyone post a spell even if it makes no sense and its just plain stupid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightshade

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Quite true, pagenfriendsusa.com is a lot better then spellsofmagic.com
Back to top Go down
darkdiela5

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:16 pm

immortal vampire wrote:
i remember there being a spell or summoning poem i dont know if it works or not but its in latin and they say from the vampire bible.

I know what you mean. it's called Ode to Selene, but as far as I concern the poem being wrote by Selene followers, whom devoted themselves to her. it's not too much to say it's just like a prayer or wish for Selene to make them as her child but the real method for vampire transformation from Vampire Bible is far more complex, required life essence, special commitment place and items, long summoning of the death god, etc but what interesting is, the ritual also mentioning about absorbing the life force from the entity to initiate transformation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightshade

PostSubject: Re: origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 am

Quite true. Though it is interesting and all I just wont work,it takes more then a prayer for something a big as vampyric transformation to take place.
Back to top Go down

origin of vampires: Moonlight goddess Selene

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1