Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» most effective and easy yet most dangerous!
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by Immoral God

» Get a Power
Yesterday at 8:37 am by AzazelStrix

» Sex and children
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm by Sadhna Sharma*

» Nosferatu Pact as it is, with detailed explanation after
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 pm by Sebastian

» The Results of Different Rites
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 pm by Sebastian

» Repeated Question, am i a vampire? are you vampires?
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm by darkdiela5

» Vampires in England
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:23 pm by Vanya stark

» Questions and Requests
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 am by Vanya stark

» charm to avoid and heals all diseases
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 am by darkdiela5

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

Fighting Fear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ouroboros

PostFighting Fear

I don't know if this is the right location for this thread, but after reading about the importance of fear, I think it would be helpful to start a
thread on ways people have used to fight their fear.

The best way I know is through the understanding of fear itself, it is a primitive creation of the mind for the sole purpose of self preservation, that is not always beneficial and may be overcome.

By understanding what I'm afraid of and why, I can then begin to argue with that fear.

For example say I'm afraid of spiders, I can use my knowledge of spiders to know if the spider is actually dangerous in any way, in nearly every case the spider will be mostly harmless or even beneficial to have around, and through reasoning with yourself you can take control.

When a fear is highly irrational or ingrained into a person then its going to be much harder to face, like in the case of brainwashing, or religious conditioning.

Another useful tool I have found when in the grips of fear is to turn the fear into anger, usually starting with anger of being afraid in the first place, then you turn your anger into change.

Not sure if I am being clear or helpful, but I hope so and let me know.

Also anyone please feel free to add to this.

Also the obvious one and possibly the most masterful would be the dark meditation which has been described elsewhere on this site.

Back to top Go down
View user profile